Innovation Camp at University of Limerick
May 25, 2017
Make the most of your October mid-term with this exciting one-week Innovation Camp at University of Limerick. Unlock your creativity and innovate new ventures.
Take part in idea generation, design thinking and get hands on with science, engineering and sports challenges. All in a fun and dynamic learning environment!
October 23rd to 27th.
Make the most of your mid-term with this exciting one-week Innovation Camp @ University of Limerick. Take part in idea generation, design thinking and get hands on with science, engineering and sports challenges. All in a fun and dynamic learning environment!
October 23rd to 27th 2017.
Who is this for?
Transition year students who are enthusiastic, motivated and want to learn more about creativity, entrepreneurship and innovation. This innovation camp is a wonderful opportunity for young students to gain valuable new experiences and to explore new commercial propositions in a friendly, supportive and enjoyable environment. The participants do not have to be currently studying business related disciplines.
Duration and Costs
The UL Innovation Summer Camp will be held on campus at University of Limerick, 23rd – 27th June 2017, from 9:30am to 4:30 pm.
The cost is €50 per participant OR FREE for students from DEIS schools.
- This innovation camp is for young people who want to try the adventure of developing a creative mind-set in how to ideate, develop, and pitch ideas.
- Understand and learn the basic essence of opportunity search, creation and evaluation for new products, services and markets
- Imagine innovative solutions to address them: Creative problem solving
- Effective teamwork, networking, presentation and leadership skills
- Prototype your ideas and experiences lead users to confront reality
- Use your own knowledge in a new and entrepreneurial setting
- Develop creativity, design thinking and innovations skills
How will I learn?
– Learn by doing. Apply what you learn in class to real challenges.
– Meet and learn from guest speakers in a fun and energetic environment
– Learn from entrepreneurs who work at Nexus Innovation Centre
– Tours of UL and a field trip
How will this help me?
– Learn key skills that employers look for (e.g. Teamwork, Communication Skills, Presentation Skills, Entrepreneurship, Creativity)
– Get a better understanding of college life
– Make new friends and have fun!
Closing date for applications is 30th September and more information is available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com